Develop Data Management and Open Science practices
By the end of the INFRADEV2 project, KM3NeT construction will be close to completion and data taking will proceed at full pace, requiring that an appropriate data management and processing system will be in place. Therefore, the fourth INFRADEV2 work package is dedicated to data management and Open Science.
It aims to establish a suitable workflow for data management, processing and storage, developing data models and software for asynchronous multi-instrument analyses of open data and the integration of KM3NeT into the global online multi-messenger networks. Benefiting from the results of the ASTERICS, ESCAPE and INFRADEV European projects, WP4 will:
- Review and update the KM3NeT Data Management Plan (DMP) in order to meet the future data and computing needs of the Collaboration.
- Facilitate open data access, in line with FAIR (Findability, Accessibility, Interoperability and Reusability) principles, by adapting software frameworks in a cross-disciplinary approach and by implementing an updated open science system.
- Contribute to global multi-messenger alert systems by enhancing dissemination channels and content for follow-ups of external alerts, integrating triggered data into multi-instrument analysis pipelines and implementing real-time data processing.
The activities of WP4 are coordinated by Jutta Schnabel of the Friedrich-Alexander-Universität Erlangen-Nürnberg (FAU, Germany),
- D4.1 – Report on the review of the KM3NeT Data Management Plan by external experts
- D4.2 – Report on the definition of data models and interfaces
- D4.3 – Report on ICT development, data management and open science